1. National Campaign for Drug De-Criminalization and Amnesty National Campaign for Drug De-Criminalization and Amnesty. End the bogus ‘War on Drugs’ and effectively end ‘Mass Incarceration‘ as well.
2. A comprehensive urban jobs and economic development initiative (King-Malcolm-Chavez plan) to create jobs, spur and sustain economic development specifically in Black and Brown urban America.
3. An immediate end to corporate-driven and imperialistic wars in Asia, Africa and the Middle-East. Thus, freeing up billions of dollars needed for improving U.S. infrastructure, creating jobs and (small) business development.
4. Freedom for all Political Prisoners: especially those from the Black Panther Party, the BLA, the anti-Imperialist movements and Leonard Peltier.
5. Universal debt relief for all people earning less than $250,000 per year.
6. A National Civilian-Police Review Board which has the authority to automatically investigate (and prosecute) ALL police-involved shootings, especially those involving cities that have histories of police terror and misconduct, such as LA, NY, Philadelphia, Chicago, Dallas, Memphis, Pittsburgh and most recently, Ferguson.
7. A comprehensive strategy to end urban fratricide, involving conditional release and amnesty for Larry Hoover, Jeff Fort and others. Utilizing indigenous urban leadership and groups (for example, National Council for Urban Peace and Justice, Inc. ) in negotiating and solidifying a government backed and FINANCED permanent urban peace agreement. It must include resources for housing, education, training, mental health services and community based economic development (not gentrification).
If Obama, and his supporters from within the Black/New Afrikan communities, seriously think he deserves to be included within the circle of people such as King, Malcolm and Rosa Parks, he can certainly start the process for consideration by embracing and implementing the above recommendations. Otherwise, his legacy should be limited to just that of another “first”.
All Power to the People!!!